Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sew I've been sewing...


I have a couple of hobbies... One of the most recent is teaching myself how to sew. Well www.youtube.com is mostly teaching me how to sew, I'm just trying to follow along without getting too frustrated. The last two days have been spent on an unfinished skirt. It is now finished!!


It was suppose to be a four tiered skirt, but as luck would have it, I ran out of material, could not find anymore of the fabric and was forced to leave the last tier off. It fits perfectly lengthwise now, it would have been way too long if I'd added the final tier. I was also able to use my new handy rolled-hem foot (thank you Mom for suggesting that one!), the fabric I chose does not like to be pressed, so the bottom hem was becoming an issue.

The rolled-hem foot was perfect for the bottom edge of the skirt. The skirt has many many flaws, I'm just glad it's wearable and it goes with all my boots!!

So, I've played with fabric and thread, it's time to get back to the programming class.

No comments: